Saturday, November 17, 2007

Crysis, Crysis

On the last weekend I have downloaded and played the 1.8 GByte demo of "Crysis", an ego-shooter and successor of "Far Cry" made by german developer "Crytek".

Although due the limited resource my current computer is offering, I was only able to play it with the details set to low, but even then the game was spectuluarly good. The nano suit is as well adjustable as the guns you are using, the graphics are amazing, the AI seems to be quite clever, the environment (houses, trees, cars) is fully deformable.

This game, although (or just because) it has a USK-18 rating, is a must-have for an adult player, and is likely the reason for me to get a new computer with reasonable graphics card and CPU. My current computer is now 2.5+ years old and so it's time for an upgrade anyhow.

No comments: